By contributing to Learn, you understand and agree with our Contributor Terms
These Contributor Terms were last updated 10/26/20.
These Contributor Terms are between you, as a Contributor, and Figment Networks Inc. ("Figment", "we", "us"), a corporation organized under the laws of Canada, having an office at 107 Galley Ave, Toronto, Ontario M6R 1H2, Canada.
As a Contributor, you are responsible for all content that you submit to Figment, including tutorials, guides, and resources ("Submitted Content").
You represent and warrant that:
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information;
- your submission of the Submitted Content and our posting of it on Figment Learn will not infringe or misappropriate any third party's intellectual property rights or otherwise violate applicable law or regulations; and
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to submit the Submitted Content.
You agree that you will not:
- submit any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
- submit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through Figment Learn or to any user;
- use Figment Learn for business;
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- frame or embed Figment Learn (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent Figment Learn;
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person's account;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other Contributors from contributing Submitted Content;
- submit any content or technology (including information on encryption) whose export is specially controlled under the export regulations or other applicable regulations; or
- abuse Figment resources, including support services.
You also transfer and assign all right, title, and interest in and to Submitted Content to Figment, and waive any rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights, or other rights of a similar nature applicable to all the Submitted Content, to the extent permissible under applicable law. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power, and authority necessary to transfer ownership of the Submitted Content to Figment and to agree to these Contributor Terms.
We may use all or any part of the Submitted Content for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating Figment Learn or for any other purpose. You grant Figment permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with the offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling Figment Learn (including all content), and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
We grant back to you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to repost the Submitted Content to non-commercial websites for personal or educational purposes after the Submitted Content is published on Figment Learn, provided that such repost clearly indicates that the Submitted Content is part of Figment Learn ("Attribution"). All other uses of the Submitted Content are expressly prohibited. You may not otherwise reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, sublicense, or otherwise transfer or use the Submitted Content unless we give you explicit permission to do so in a written agreement signed by a Figment authorized representative.
You agree to abide by Figment's quality standards and policies as may be prescribed by Figment from time to time. You should check Figment Learn for these policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your contribution of Submitted Content to Figment Learn is subject to Figment's approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove any Submitted Content from Figment Learn for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- Submitted Content falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on User experience;
- a Contributor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on Figment or bring Figment into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- a Contributor engages Figment Learn of a marketer or other business partner who violates Figment's policies; or
- as determined by Figment in its sole discretion.
Contributors don't have a contractual relationship with Users or other Contributors.
While Submitted Content you submitted to Figment is posted on Figment Learn and subject to the requirements below, you may use our trademarks for Attribution in accordance with Section 2.2.
- only use the images of our trademarks that we may make available to you, as detailed in any guidelines we may publish; and
- immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of the Submitted Content; or
- use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
You represent and warrant that you aren't restricted from using Figment Learn under Canadian or U.S. sanctions or export laws (as an individual or as an officer, director, or controlling shareholder of any entity on whose behalf you use Figment Learn). If you become subject to such a restriction while you are subject to these Contributor Terms, you will notify Figment within 24 hours, and we will have the right to terminate any further obligations to you, effective immediately and with no further liability to you (but without prejudice to your outstanding obligations to Figment). You will not use Figment Learn to conduct or facilitate any transaction with any other individual or entity subject to such a restriction. You may not remove, export, or allow the export or re-export of Figment Learn (or any part thereof, including technical data) outside Canada and the U.S. in violation of any restrictions, laws, or regulations of Canada, the U.S., or any other applicable country.
From time to time, we may update these Contributor Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and Figment reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Contributor Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will publish the updated Contributor Terms on Figment Learn and may notify you by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of Figment Learn after the modifications of these Contributor Terms become effective shall mean that you accept those modifications. Any modified Contributor Terms shall supersede and replace all previous Contributor Terms, unless stated otherwise.
Figment may terminate all or part of these Contributor Terms at any time in its sole discretion.
You and Figment agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us, and that your agreement to these Contributor Terms and participation and use Figment Learn will not create any such relationship between you and Figment.
Neither you nor Figment shall have any right, power, or authority to create any obligation or responsibility on behalf of the other, except as otherwise provided in these Contributor Terms.
You will indemnify Figment against any claims, actions, damages, or losses arising from your use of Figment Learn or contributions of Submitted Content to Figment Learn.
The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of these Contributor Terms: Sections 1 (Contributor Obligations), 2.1 (Transfer of Ownership), 3 (Standards & Safety), 4 (No Compensation), 6 (Sanctions and Export Laws), and 7 (Miscellaneous Legal Terms).
You may get in touch with us by contacting our Support Team. We welcome your questions, concerns, and feedback about Figment Learn.
Thank you for learning!