Comment on page
Learn how to setup your CELO wallet and store your tokens
The Celo Wallet provides an easy way to send, receive, and save Celo Assets. This section describes what is going on under the hood during various aspects of the wallet experience.
CELO has two different types of wallets as follows -
Here we will discuss the setup and functionality of both types of wallets.
Creating your account on the _**_CELO Web wallet is very easy and can be done in just a couple of clicks.
Click on Create New Account and you’ll see a new screen on your browser which has your unique & newly generated public key, private key & unique icon.
Before hitting the continue button, make sure to copy and save your private key in a safe place. It’ll allow you to log back into your account.
After saving your private key, now it’s time to set up your Pincode or Password for your account. Make sure not to lose your Pincode/Password, it unlocks your account!
Once your Pincode/Password are set up, you’re ready to send and receive Celo.
Celo Web Wallet Dashboard
Now on your dashboard, you can check all the options to buy and receive Celo. Also, you can find all your account details, public & private keys.
When you click on “Buy Celo”, you can see all the options for buying Celo. When you click on “Receive Celo” you can get your account information to get paid/receive Celo in your account. That’s It!! It was quite easy. Now start CELOing 💰
Valora is a global payments app that allows you to exchange and securely store value on your mobile phone. You can use Valora to send and receive money instantly (typically within seconds), to and from virtually anyone around the world. You can also use Valora to pay for goods and services where Valora payments are accepted or to save and store your funds securely. Valora is powered by the Celo Network and runs on Celo Dollars (or cUSD) and CELO.
Once you’ve downloaded Valora you can open it and start the process for creating your Valora account:
- 1.Fill in your name and phone number.
- 2.Create a PIN.
- 1.You will need your PIN whenever you make a transaction, so make it memorable but not easy to guess.
- 3.Phone Number Confirmation/Verification
- 1.You will need to confirm your own phone number if you wish to send funds directly to the phone number of your friends and family members. You can learn more about phone number confirmation below
- 2.Once your number is confirmed, you can sync your contact information.
Account Key Setup - The Account Key setup is the most important step for security, so it’s best to complete the setup as soon as possible. Your Account Key is the only way to gain access to your account. Make sure you follow the steps carefully and store your Account Key in a safe place.
The process involves writing down 24 random words in a specific order, and you will want to find a secure place to store them before getting started.
- 1.Write down a numbered list from 1-24 on a piece of paper.
- 2.Enter the Account Key Setup during your account creation process. You can also access the setup via Menu > Account Key.
- 3.Once prompted, write down your 24-word Account Key on your numbered list. Remember to double-check for spelling, and then continue to the next screen.
- 4.You’ll be prompted to input your Account Key to making sure you have written it down correctly. Confirm you have written down your Account Key by tapping the words in the correct order.
- 5.Keep your written Account Key in a safe, private location that is easily accessible by you in case you need to restore your Valora account.
- 6.That's it!
Check out this Illustration to visualize all the steps mentioned above -
Celo Wallet Verification